Panaji, The three patients who tested positive for COVID-19 have been shifted to the designated coronavirus hospital in Goa and health authorities in the state are in the process of quarantining the persons they were in contact with, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant said on Thursday.
The trio aged between 25 and 55 years, who represent the first positive cases of coronavirus in the state, have a history of international travel and had returned to Goa after visiting Spain, Australia and the US earlier this month.
“Their condition is stable at present. We have also traced their contacts and we are quarantining them,” Sawant said, after the state Directorate of Health Services made the announcement in the early hours of Thursday.
The trio, who were quarantined at the isolation ward at the Goa Medical College in Panaji, have been now shifted to the Employee State Insurance hospital in South Goa district, which is the designated hospital for COVID-19 treatment.
Leader of Opposition Digambar Kamat wished the trio early recovery.
“I pray for early recovery of all three patients. I am sure our medical team will provide them with the best healthcare. Let us not panic and take more precautions. Urge @goacm to notify an isolated complex as quarantine centre,” Kamat tweeted on Thursday.
Another opposition MLA Vijai Sardesai has now demanded details about the travel history of the trio and has said that the government should not hide facts about the three cases.
“As Goa opens its account with 3 COVID-19 positive cases, details like their travel history, when they were tested would be interesting and nobody should hide they facts. The state’s preparedness for remedial measures now, becomes the focus and government should come clear on these,” Sardesai said.