Bengaluru, (Asian independent) The Karnataka government would draw an exit plan ahead of the extended lockdown’s ending on May 3, an official said on Monday.
“The state government will draw an exit plan this week and submit it to the Centre for approval and implementation after the 19-day extended lockdown ends on May 3,” the official told IANS here.
The blueprint for the exit plan is in response to Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s advice to the southern state during his interaction with Chief Minister B.S. Yediyurappa through video conferencing earlier in the day.
“The Chief Minister, in turn, held marathon discussions with the Deputy Commissioners of the districts across the state through video conference for the exit plan to be drawn as per their status as Covid hotspots or green spots,” said the official.
The state’s 30 districts have been divided into 4 – 6 red, 5 each in orange and yellow, and 14 green, as they have zero coronavirus cases till date.
“The 6 hotspots or red spots, including Bengaluru and Mysuru, will continue to be in lockdown, with more easing of the restrictions to be decided by the Centre,” said the official.
With 9 more cases on Monday, the state’s tally of positive cases rose to 512, including 299 active cases, 193 recovered and 20 dead.